I'm so excited for today's post! I know how stressful it can be as a teacher. You work hard all.year.long helping students do their very best! That's why this post is for you! I'm going to share a few tips I've used to help me unwind during the summer months that will hopefully help you out as well. Even better? I'm giving away a great prize as well! But the best part? I've joined some of my other blogging friends, and they are ALSO giving away some fun treats! Read on to learn about my tips for your stress free summer, to enter my giveaway, and to find the links to my friends' giveaways too. :)
So what are some of my stress free summer tips?1. Remember that our "summers off" gives us the chance to recharge at a different pace; we all work throughout the summer--whether we are reading new materials, organizing our digital and physical resources, coming up with new lessons, learning new curriculum...you get the picture. Remember to pace yourself and do a little bit of work throughout the summer so you don't feel swamped at the start of the school year.
2. The second part of the first tip--give yourself SOME time completely away from school! Whether you take the month of July off...or never work after 2 pm...or only work on Mondays and Tuesdays--let yourself recharge for chunks of time throughout the summer. We have a VERY stressful job and we owe it to our students to come back refreshed.
3. Challenge yourself to try something new this summer--something NON school related. Read a book that you have been hearing about. Try growing tomatoes. Take an art class or go to a painting night. Rent a tandem bike. ANYTHING that is new for you--and find someone fun to share the experience with!
4. Reconnect. As the school year goes on, I know my family does less together. I don't talk with my friends and neighbors as often. I go into survival mode. Summer is the time to rebuild those lost connections. Invite people over for a fire. Take a walk through the neighborhood. Slow yourself down.
5. Treat yourself. Whether you get yourself a pedicure, buy a new pair of fun sandals, splurge at the bookstore, sleep in until 9:00, or buy that giant treat at the bakery--summer is the time to splurge a little bit!
6. Make yourself a little bit healthier. Try yoga. Reduce your soda intake (GULP!). Exercise more or differently. Try to add more vegetables into your diet. Sleep more. This "tip" is put in ESPECIALLY for me--because this summer I am setting some major goals in this area!
If we could all take some time to do these six things this summer, I think we will be a little more prepared and "centered" as we tackle our next group of students so we can give them our very best!
Whether you are still teaching and could use some last minute resources--or are already done and want to start thinking ahead for next year, who couldn't use a Teachers Pay Teachers gift card and some free resources from my store? While I'm not asking you to sign up to follow me in any way, I certainly would appreciate you following me in any of the ways listed here: Newsletter (you get a FREEBIE when you sign up!), Pinterest, Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+. I appreciate the follow, but remember - for this giveaway it is not necessary. Check out the links in the upper corner of my blog or check the rafflecopter for ways to enter. That's it! Please enter the rafflecopter below for your chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
As awesome as my giveaway is, I'm excited to share that my fellow blogging buddies are doing their own stress free teacher giveaways too! Click on each link below to check them out.
Amy from Teaching in Blue Jeans
Heather from HoJo's Teaching Adventures
Jennie from JD's Rockin Readers
Meg from The Teacher Studio
Tammy from The Owl Teacher