It's hard to believe that two and a half years ago, an "impulse" decision to start a blog has turned into SIX HUNDRED POSTS! Man--I sure have a hard time keeping my "mouth" shut, don't I! When I started my blog, I had a few goals.
1. I wanted to become a more reflective teacher. (To be honest, I didn't think anyone would find my blog nor read it.)
2. I wanted to share some of my teaching ideas with others. I used to present at workshops, etc but having a special needs child changed my path quite a bit. I thought maybe my blog might give me another way to share with other teachers.
3. I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone and challenge myself--both instructionally and technologically (To be honest, I hadn't really even LOOKED at blogs before).
After 600 posts, I think I have at least scratched the surface on these three! Along the way, new goals surfaced...and people started asking for resources that I used and my Teachers Pay Teachers store began to take off as well. To this day, I am humbled and honored that people around the world find what I do helpful and that maybe my "reach" as a teacher extends beyond my 25 little humans each year. Seriously. Sometimes this thought alone is what gets me through my days--and I am grateful to all of you who follow along with my crazy ride.
So what next? To be honest, over the last months I have had moments where I wanted to close up shop...to delete my blog...to just get my "real" life back...working full time in the classroom AND running a blog/business is EXHAUSTING. I spent some time thinking...talking to other bloggers...and finally I decided to continue--and to try to set some NEW goals for the upcoming blogging year.
1. I want to continue to provide quality, informative blog posts that can help teachers continue to push their teaching and implement exciting, best practice lessons for their students.
2. I want to expand my reach by getting back into presenting and doing teacher workshops--something I did years ago before my own children arrived. I miss it...I miss working with teachers who are excited to improve their art. Stay tuned...
3. I want to make sure I don't lose balance in my life. My son is finishing his junior year in high school and will be leaving the nest soon. I want to savor every minute I have with him!
By the way...it's almost summer! Be ready for "Texts on Tuesdays" where I dig into some of the best professional resources out there..."Monday Made It" with Fourth Grade Frolics where I showcase projects for the home and classroom, "Loved That Lesson" linky where I showcase lessons I can't WAIT to teach in 2015-2016, and more "Math Is Real Life" posts. Of course, there will be new products, special deals, and more! Thanks again for being a part of my blogging world.