I have linked up with some GREAT blogs to share some great end-of-year ideas and reflections!
I thought I'd give you a glimpse into a FEW of the many things I have going on this summer--and would love to hear your plans! It's only the end of April, so I know this list will change . . . but here goes!
1. I am going to be trained as a "trainer" for our new math series out of Australia. I will then be the resource teacher in my building for the intermediate level staff.
2. The district data retreat--the annual favorite! I will be spending several days looking at district data and writing action plans.
3. More staff development...Words Their Way and Smartboards!
4. Catching up on some scrapbooking! I am getting a little behind, and with baseball season, I know I will only be taking MORE photos!
5. Creating, creating, and creating! Not only do I have a HUGE list of products I am excited to make, but I am trying to get brave enough to start to sell some of my digital papers and products. I am hoping to learn a little more and then dip my toe in that water! I love the freedom--and it gives me a little taste of the art career I never got to have!
6. Coming up with a plan to use my 6 new iPads in my classroom! I applied for and got a grant to use them for blogging AND to help my students create digital math portfolios. I'd love to hear from anyone who has dabbled in this before!
7. Spending lots of time at the ball park watching my favorite shortstop!
8. Trying to create a better "home office" environment with better organization!
9. Cleaning. My. Basement.
10. Learning how to use my new "big girl" camera! This is going to be quite an adventure! I am excited--but a little intimidated.
11. Improve my yearly plan for school. With EVERYTHING new, I need some time to regroup this summer and think about how I need to improve some of the new things we tried this year.
12. RTI. I MUST come up with better systems for addressing and documenting student needs and growth. This is NOT a strength of mine!
13. Perhaps learning to install a retaining wall? My husband and I have been putting THIS task off--and we had better act before it's too late!
14. OK . . . I'm stopping now. I know there is so much more--but I still have a month left of school, so I don't want to get ahead of myself!
So . . . I DID mention a giveaway! Check THIS out!
What can you win? ALL of the following products . . .
- Editable Teacher Binder
- Time Flies--End of Year Literacy Activities
- Class Votes Awards Kit
- Student Brochure Project
- Traditional Lit vs. Fairy Tale
- Combining Like Terms
- Full Year Daily Language Practice
- Measurement Wars Bundle
- Fun With Probability
- 20 Figurative Language Posters
- Create a SMART Goal Board
plus MY very own
Seasonal Demand Writing Prompt Bundled Set!
. . . a choice of any 3 items in the hosts' TpT stores
AND a $30 Amazon gift card! How cool is that?!?!
Now what? Share some of YOUR plans in the comments below . . . and then "hop" over to the blogs listed here and see what kind of great things THEY have going on as the year wraps up! These are some great bloggers--so join up and follow them too! Don't forget to enter the giveaway!
And guess what! I DID finish my new product! Check it out if you want . . . it's another word problem set--this time focusing on real world measurement problems!