1. To start, I started teaching in 1991 (gasp!) and have taught grades 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 with the greatest chunk of that time in 4th. I love their perfect (well . . . almost) balance of innocence and independence, and I love being able to help push them toward that next level of maturity. Sometimes.
2. I am the mom of two boys, husband of one boy, slave to one male cat. We have a definite shortage of estrogen at our house. My older son is into sports, music, and more and is too smart for his own good. My younger son is severely autistic. He is nonverbal, self-injurious, and our struggles with him are now entering their 12th year. I try to keep a positive spirit, but as those of you who are parents know, watching your child suffer is a terrible burden to bear.
3. I am addicted to pizza. It is absolutely my favorite food. I keep thinking I will get sick of it--but, sadly, no. I eat a piece of pizza nearly every day for lunch. Am I proud of this? Not so much.
4. I don't watch much TV, but I do have a guilty pleasure . . . reality shows. Not the "Bachelor" kind--but the "Top Chef", "Project Runway" kind. I think I have a secret dream to be an artist of some sort, and I live my life vicariously through the drama that unfolds in these shows. I DID actually go to school to be an architect, but I quickly learned I wasn't really cut out for the business world.
5. I am an avid scrapbooker. Like--obsessed. Like here are some of my scrapbooks. It's an interesting habit for those of you who do it. Do you have to bribe people to look at them? I wonder what in the world I will ever do with them--but I can't seem to stop. Is there a 12 step program for people like me? Maybe this ties into the fact that I am a "wanna be" photographer. Some days I dream about selling my work, but for now it is just a hobby. I love taking sports photos of my son, my cat, and also love "macro" photography of things in my yard. Here are few of my favorite shots. . .
So . . . there you have it. A few little "tidbits" about me! I hope all of you have a very blessed Easter weekend. I appreciate you very much!